Bilateral mobilities allow students to go outside the EU. The study period is organized solely pursuant to valid bilateral agreements concluded between MENDELU and an institution abroad.
- On the basis of a bilateral agreement between MENDELU and a partner institution abroad – the student participating in a study period abroad through a bilateral agreement is exempt from paying tuition at the partner university. The student will also get a financial support from MENDELU. Useful information about the universities can be found in final reports from mobilities in UIS (Public information portal → Further information about MENDELU → Study information – Reports about the abroad placements). Especially for Czech students, a group of volunteers has created a brochure about the students life at American universities.
- Freemover – In case the student leaves abroad under the “freemover” status, a bilateral agreement need not be signed between the sending and the receiving institutions. The student may organize the study abroad individually as a private activity, in which case the International Relations Office shall not provide any logistic or administrative support to the student. The freemoving student must arrange the approval of both the receiving and the sending university.
- The competition is open to the students who are enrolled in an accredited Bachelor or Master in the regular or combined programme and have finished at least the first year of study at MENDELU (the student may be in any year of study; however, advanced students are preferred). The student with a citizenship of another state, who is interested in a study stay in the country of his/her origin, may participate in the mobility; however, it shall be assigned the lowest priority.
- The minimal duration of the study period is 30 days; the maximum length is 12 months, the time spent by travel is not included. The sum of all mobilities in the programme shall not exceed 12 months days during one study cycle.
- The student must complete at least 3 specialized subjects.
The scholarship covers:
- A) subsistance fee of CKZ 20,000/month regardless the destination. After the first month the amount of the scholarship is calculated as follows:
|1 – 7 days||CZK 0|
|8 – 20 days||½ scholarship, i.e. CZK 10,000|
|21 – 30 days||CZK 20,000|
- B) travel grant from 10,000 to 25,000 CZK according to the destination (click on detailed list)
- C) The scholarship is limited to a maximum amount of 100,000 CZK, plus travel expenses. If a student goes to mobility within the given study program more times, the individual scholarships are added up, while their sum may not exceed the already mentioned amount of 100 thousand CZK.
- The scholarship is paid out in Czech crowns pursuant to the Financial Agreement. Any costs exceeding this amount shall be borne by the student. The student can also search for offers of government scholarships in the selected country.
- In case the scholarship exceeds the amount of CZK 50,000, payment will be made in two instalments – one at the beginning of the internship, one in the middle taking into consideration payment due date.
- The amount of the scholarship to be granted is subject to the fulfillment of the conditions specified in the financial agreement and depends also on the decision of the Vice-Rector for International and Public Affairs. It may be redused based on the university budget.
- If any of the above conditions are not met, a refund may be required.
The selection procedure is announced by the International Relations Office (IRO) at the beginning of each academic year for the next year. Students are informed about the opening of the call by a bulk e-mail. The first round of the selection procedure is organized by the faculty, the final selection is made by the Rectorate. The student submits the application at the International Relations Office of his/her faculty:
- Application form with the confirmation by the faculty
- Learning Agreement Proposal
- Proof of language proficiency (compulsory for FBE students, others optionally) – international certificate, state language examination, study in English, results of the MENDELU language test etc. If the student passed a language test e.g. in the Erasmus+ programme, its result may be acknowledged upon the student’s request; however, this result may not be older than 3 years. Students from FBE who have no proof of language proficiency will take the language test at the faculty.
Main criteria decisive for the selection of students are:
- grade point average (30%)
- level of language skills (30%)
- choice of the university/relevance (30%)
- language certificate (5%)
- buddy system (5%)
Click here for detailed timetable
The success in the selection procedure at MENDELU does not automatically mean that the student is accepted by the university of his/her choice! Unsuccessful applicants shall be put on the standby list and may be addressed with an offer of study abroad later.
- Learning Agreement
- Letter of Acceptance from the receiving institution with dates of beginning and end of the internship abroad.
- Enter the Travel Proposal into the UIS (eAgenda – Trips abroad; please consult the faculty – instructions in English can be downloaded here).
- Insurance for the period abroad (including travel). The student is obliged to buy insurance for the entire stay abroad (including the days spent travelling from and back to the Czech Republic) under the general agreement of Mendel University prior to departure in accordance with Directive No. 4/2006, on provision of travel expense reimbursement and assignment of business trips abroad (all information is available here). Based on your travel proposal you can pay insurance online: students´s portal, financing of your internship.
- Check/enter your bank account number in CZK into the UIS.
In case the student is accepted by the foreign university, he/she shall sign the Financial Agreement at the IRO prior to the departure, in which MENDELU undertakes to pay the awarded amount of scholarship. Before signing the Financial Agreement and payment of the scholarship, the student shall arrange an appointment at the IRO app. 3 weeks before departure and fulfill the following requirements:
- Deliver the following documents:
- Insurance payment confirmation – can be downloaded in pdf from UIS
- Learning Agreement
- Letter of Acceptance
- Check whether the mobility has been entered into the UIS. It is done by the International Relations Office of the relevant faculty (based on Acceptance Letter)
- Upload Letter of Acceptance, Learning Agreement and Insurance payment confirmation into a checklist in the UIS
After return home
Upon the return from abroad, the student is obliged to:
- submit to the IRO Confirmation of study stay period from the partner university with dates of beginning and end of the study abroad. Original goes to the university IRO, copy to the Faculty.
- submit to the IRO Transcript of Records – subjects completed and exams passed (should correspond to the Learning Agreement or Changes to Learning Agreement). Original goes to the Faculty, copy to the universityIRO.
- fill in a Final Report in the UIS and upload missing documents into the checklist.
Should the student fail to complete the study, to pass the prescribed number of exams or to meet other terms set out in the Financial Agreement, MENDELU may claim the refund of a part or the whole scholarship.