Erasmus+ Credit Mobility
E+ International credit mobility supports exchanges of students and employees of universities with non -European, so-called partner countries. Mobility is realized on the basis of successfully approved mobility projects with selected universities. The specific offer of universities may change every year depending on the evaluation of the submitted projects and their duration.
- Students must be enrolled in an accredited study program at MENDELU (bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral study program)
- The length of the traineeship period ranges from 2 to 12 months
- The sum of all Erasmus + study stays and traineeships at a given level of study must not exceed 12 months (including stays completed during LLP Erasmus).
- Before travelling abroad or during your traineeship, the student must not terminate or interrupt his/her studies at MENDELU.
- The student was selected in a due selection process.
- Selection criteria – study results, language test, cover letter, coordinator consent.
- The scholarship of the Erasmus+ program is intended to cover part of the costs related to the traineeship. It represents a contribution to the increased costs associated with the stay abroad.
- The scholarship is paid by bank transfer to a euro account and consists of 2 components – accommodation costs and travel costs.
- The amount of the scholarship for outgoing students is EUR 700/month.
- To calculate the scholarship, one month is considered to be 30 days – if the duration of the traineeship is not observed in the length of whole months, the scholarship for the last month is calculated according to the number of days, where one day = 1/30 of the monthly rate.
- Travel distance means the distance between the starting point and the place of the activity, the rate is the contribution to the trip to the site of the activity and back.
- Travel costs depend on the final destination distance:
|100 – 499 Km||180 EUR|
|500 – 1999 Km||275 EUR|
|2000 – 2999 Km||360 EUR|
|3000 – 3999 Km||530 EUR|
|4000 – 7999 Km||820 EUR|
|8000 Km and more||1500 EUR|
- The scholarship is paid based on the signing of the Grant Agreement – before departure 100% of travel and 70% of accommodation costs, the payment is made within 10 working days after signing, not later than the start of the mobility, usually, but not earlier than 10 working days before the start mobility.
- The remaining 30% of the accommodation costs are paid after the delivery of all the necessary documents after the end of the mobility (especially the Traineeship Certificate).
- Non-fulfillment of the terms of the contract is resolved individually in cooperation with the faculty.
- Financial support cannot be used to cover costs that are already covered by other EU actions/programmes – the student cannot be a recipient of an Erasmus Mundus (Joint Master Degree) and Erasmus+ scholarship at the same time.
Administration of the mobility
- Traineeship Agreement (TA), at least 6 weeks before the start of the mobility. TA must be in accordance with the student´s study plan
- TA must be signed before the departure to the traineeship.
- At the international office of the faculty, the student will present a Letter of Acceptance from the receiving institution, according to these data, the faculty coordinator will introduce the student´s mobility to UIS. Suppose the recipient university does not issue its own Letter of Acceptance, the student may use the MENDELU form (the student shall send it to the receiving university coordinator for confirmation).
- The student will arrange a euro account for sending the scholarship.
- Create a Travel proposal and pay for the insurance, there is an option to pay for the insurance online.
- Student uploads the completed TA, paid insurance and account number to the Checklists.
- Send the pre-filled Grant Agreement (with your personal data) to the E+ ICM Coordinator and make an appointment to sign the GA (email@example.com).
- The Erasmus+ Student Charter and General Terms are part of the Grant Agreement.
- There is visa information at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
- If there are any changes in the study contract during the SMP stay, the student must fill out the Changes to Traineeship Agreement and have it approved.
- Immediately inform MENDELU about any changes (shortening or extension of your stay) and any problems with the fulfilment of the TA.
Usually, the extension of stay for credit mobility is not possible. If this possibility occurs, we will inform you about it. In this case, it is necessary to keep the following steps:
- to obtain written consent from the receiving and sending institution to extend the traineeship period,
- submit an Application for an Extension of the Traineeship,
- sign an addendum to the Grant Agreement concluded between the student and the sending institution before the end of the original traineeship period,
- ensure that the maximum duration of the study stays and traineeships is not exceeded, ie 12 months in one study cycle.
- The student fills in the EU Survey Final Report in the European Mobility Tool+ database. After the end of the stay, he/she will receive an e-mail with a request to fill in the report. Submission of the final report is a condition for drawing the Erasmus+ financial contribution.
- The student delivers the Traineeship Certificate to IRO, which will be issued and confirmed by the host organization before the student´s departure (within 15 days of the end of the traineeship). The confirmation must contain the participant’s name and the start and completion date of the traineeship.
- ATTENTION! The certificate must not be older than 5 days before the end of the stay!
- The student will secure recognition of completed courses at the faculty.
- Remember that recognising a pre-approved study plan is a condition of the Erasmus+ program.
- The student applies for recognition even if he/she does not lack credits for graduating from MENDELU.